Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for supporting the Call Center, Service Centers, Front Line CAEs and Supervisors, by responding to escalated customer inquiries via an online web based tool (VIPER) and provides account investigation and documentation to resolves the issue. Supports the maintenance of regional courtesy accounts and the verification of billing system
accuracy. Proactively interacts with customers and identifies customer-impacting issues related to customer statements and expediently communicates and escalates to reduce or minimize customer impact. Has developed specialized knowledge/skills in own area. May act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Reviews and analyzes all customer billing inquiries referred by our interdependent organizations including: CAEs, Call Center Leadership, Service Center, or Field Service via an online web-based tool.
- Internally, functions as a resource to any regional group requiring final and definitive clarification and explanation of subscriber account status (disputed charges, adjustments, equipment discrepancies, misapplied payments and history). Externally, interacts with customers via phone and written correspondence to provide documentation and explanation of their escalated account inquiry.
- Provides support to Executive Customer Care, Government Affairs, and Legal regarding escalated customer billing issues. Uses billing systems, historical microfiche, archived work orders, online databases, and customer records to assemble an accurate and dependable resolution to the escalated issue.
- Processes requests for courtesy accounts from employees and government relations groups for all threes lines of business. Ensures compliance with Employee Discount Policy.
- Uses Human Resources records to perform audit and verification of courtesy account approvals, checking for accuracy. Performs weekly audits of terminated employees to ensure conversion to residential rates. Documents and communicates necessary updates and corrections to SMS. Examples include taxing amounts, local access fees, package pricing.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for escalated customer billing issues related to CHSI, Video and CDV. Provides on the job training. Provides feedback via peer-to-peer feedback tool to Customer Care leadership staff and our interdependent organizations for review with direct reports. Provides ideas for process improvement and presents those ideas in a professional and comprehensive manner.
- Processes subscriber requests not handled by the Call Center due to: a) documentation and customer signature requirements, b) research requirements, or c) SMS limitations (examples: Name Changes, Senior Discounts, PPV credits.)
- Reviews and processes incoming customer mail sent to Comcast from customers. Evaluates and determines next step for resolution; determines need for customer contact. Partners with appropriate Comcast departments to resolve escalated issues if necessary (example: complaints on extended service issues and requests for credit evaluated
and processed by Billing & Research.)
- Processes account corrections and transactions as directed by Internal Audit Dept.
- Researches all misapplied inquiries from customers to ensure payments are recorded accurately.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer