Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 70,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 70 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, the incumbent repairs, services and maintains engine driven Generators and ensures a safe working environment.
We are looking for a Repair Technician who:
• Ensures a safe work environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc's health and safety guidelines.
• Repairs and refurbishes all Electric and Engine Drives.
• Assembles electric, diesel, gas, and propane equipment for rental. Tests and calibrates machines to see if they are functional for rent or sale.
• Repaints parts, touch up paint, and puts decals on welders to maintain general appearance.
• Replaces defective parts and completes preventative maintenance required.
• Orders parts as required in order to complete repairs.
• Inspects returned equipment for proper operation and/or damage by the customer.
• Operates a forklift, pallet jack or other necessary equipment to stock required parts in the shop.
• Ensures clean and organized work environment at all times.
• Prepares and completes paperwork for all machine repairs,
• Occasionally required to service equipment and customers off-site.
• Maintains communication with all branch personnel.
• Occasionally advises customers regarding best equipment for their projects.
• Performs field work as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Post secondary education equivalent to a one year Technical College or equivalent is an asset.
• Three years of related technical experience.
• Working knowledge of positioning equipment, welding application and equipment is an asset.
• Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Ability to act proactively or find a solution with work-related problems.
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
Red-D-Arc would like to thank all candidates for their application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability