Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on welding systems and products distributed by the Company. The position will perform work at the branch facility and at customer sites as required. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Travels to customer sites to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs and/or perform routine maintenance and NIST traceable calibration on all types of Airgas equipment and products including, but not limited to:
- Manual, robotic and semi-automatic GMAW, GTAW, SMAW and PAW welding equipment including many custom semi-automatic systems.
- Integrated, automated welding and cutting and motion control systems.
- Overtime when needed.
- Ability to represent the Company to our customers in a professional and courteous manner. Completes all service orders in a neat and timely fashion and obtains customer's signature via Tech Software electronic ticketing system prior to leaving facility.
- Maintains company provided diagnostic equipment, tools and other equipment in clean, good working condition and within manufacturer's recommendations. Calibrations on equipment are kept in date. Properly safeguards and secures all company issued equipment at all times.
- Communicates with Service Manager and Service Coordinator on the job status, daily activities and unsafe conditions of equipment and at the job site continuously in real time through Tech Software database and via voice mail or phone call. Prior to leaving a job area, checks Tech Software for updates, emergencies and other communications.
- Communicates by phone and in person with Service Coordinator, vendors, customers, sales staff, store managers and others, providing information on repair times, ordering of parts and supplies, etc. Monitors progress of parts orders and notifies Service Coordinator when delays are observed.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM's) on Airgas customer equipment per Company procedures. Updates Tech Software database with activities and results. Monitors and meets scheduled calibration and PM appointments on Airgas and Airgas customer's equipment. Maintains confidentiality with customers.
- Attends all assigned career development training and passes all qualifying assessments.
- Required to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performs other duties as may be assigned. Ability to work with little or no supervision, given proper instructions.
- Reports all business expenses in a timely manner via company policies.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment as needed. Must be able to use trade type tools or hand tools.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record within company policies. Maintains company provided vehicles in good operating and clean condition and delivers vehicle for all scheduled and necessary maintenance on time to appropriate facilities.
- Follows Airgas safety procedures and attends monthly safety meetings. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas Southwest Region policies is a condition of employment.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety rules, regulations and procedures as prescribed by Federal, State, local jurisdiction and Company entities.
- During periods of inactivity in primary duties develops job related skills through online manufacturer's and industry training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Technical college training preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 2 years electrical and/or electronic experience/or training or equivalent . LANGUAGE SKILLS
: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and equipment manuals, parts diagrams, general business periodicals, professional journals and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, groups of managers, customers, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry. LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, TRAINING
- Valid state driver's license.
- Vendor/Manufacturer School Certificates of Training
: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). Ability to read electrical wiring diagrams and schematics. Ability to plan a logical approach to troubleshooting and repairing equipment and comprehend the sequence of operation. Ability to work in DOS and windows based computer systems. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The USES category for this position is heavy. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, talk or hear, and smell. The associate frequently is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Must be able to work inside and outside in temperatures ranging from 10 to 110 degrees. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to perform work during prolonged standing 8 or more hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required. Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities. Demonstrated ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations following supervisor's instructions. Travel of up to 50%, including overnight. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability