Power Power Services
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Follow us onTwitter, join ourLinkedInGroup or become a fan of ourFacebookpage. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Repairs Quality Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Repairs Quality Leader will be focused on driving quality and operational excellence across the repairs organization in all regions of Power Services. This role will partner with the Regional GRS GMs, Global Supply Chain, PS Regions, Product Lines, Sourcing, GPS and Affiliates to improve quality and on time delivery for the organization and our customers.
This senior position will lead initiatives across the broader Global Repair Services organization to drive improvements across the fulfillment five.
* Provide leadership to Global Repair Services team to execute the establishment & measurement of customer facing metrics (Big Y's; availability and reliability), escaping defects, COQ, TRS, NPS, and implementation of the QMS and Improvement strategies and tools to assure the best customer experience and the lowest CoPQ
* Serve as single point of contact with the key accounts around the world, coordinating bi-lateral improvements jointly with our key customers, and leading end-end resolution to key quality issues originated in side of the GRS shops
* Establish a rhythm with the quality repairs network and lead the repairs quality council to drive consistency across all repair shops
* Introduce standard practices across all GRS shops and factories
* Lead a regular operating rhythm around customer facing metrics including trend analysis and improvement plans for GRS
* Work with GRS operating leaders and teams to create a roadmap of continuous improvement projects and track the implementation and effect on the customer facing metrics
* Serve as a change agent for Quality and Improvement thinking (six sigma, lean, fastworks and other methodologies...) to drive simplification, standardization and process compliance
* Drive QMS compliance/simplification across all GRS
* Partner with GRS leaders to drive quality culture and improvements, across all GRS organization
* Drive projects focused on improving quality & customer experience across GRS
* Integrate and assure execution of Best Practices across GRS regions to drive improvement of process and product quality
* Create a proactive and predictive measurement system that enables the operational team to drive increased customer experience
* Implement an improved (point of use & ease of use) defect capture system that aligns to the customer facing metrics
* Apply Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Lean Six Sigma methodologies to improve process capability and eliminate defects
* Lead and facilitate cross-functional project teams to drive standardization and simplification wing-to-wing process. This includes providing change leadership (Change Acceleration Process) methods and tools across assigned critical business initiatives
* Educate, coach, and mentor team on Lean Six Sigma philosophy and application, and assure that RCA's have found true root cause and the appropriate corrective and preventive measurements have being executed to avoid re occurrence
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or collegeor equivalent
knowledge and experience
* Strong industry experience
* Significant experience in quality, repairs, repairs technology, operations, or similar experience
* EU Work Permit - if hired in Spain
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship
to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other
applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if
a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to
take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to
satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit
the UK Border Agency website
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong, proven previous leadership capabilities leading a Quality organization and initiatives
* Deep understanding of Quality Management Systems, Technical Regulations and Standards
* Change agent with strong credibility and influencing skills
* BB/MBB certification and/or a proven education or work history in statistical analysis of complex data and measurement systems
* Global experience implementing and influencing quality metrics
* Measurement system establishment experience - ability to align organization's Big Y strategy to leading indicators at customer touch points by region and globally
* Clear understanding of the basic roles, functions, and products/services/repairs within GE Power Services
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Familiar with statistics and six sigma quality concepts
* Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results
* Committed to process improvement
* Customer-focused in defining and establishing priorities
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* APQP.TS.16949. or similar
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.