In this position, you will be responsible to proofread financial statements and other documents in order to detect and mark (or correct) continually, grammar, sentence structure and typographical errors. You would also be responsible for typing a variety of basic and some advance correspondence, memos and reports on a report processing system from a variety of input sources. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic group of motivated professionals at various levels and an excellent opportunity to showcase your strong technical and customer service skills.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Associates Degree or higher
- Prior experience with proofreading, editing and formatting and typing financial statements and/or other financial related reports
- 3 – 5 years experience in related field or area
- Prior knowledge or experience in an accounting firm, desired
- Intermediate Microsoft Office experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grammar and proofing knowledge and experience
- Ability to prepare presentations including charts, graphics and tables, speaker notes and handouts, etc.
- Ability to proofread and edit reports for finalization before distribution
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the technology tools required within assigned responsibilities
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Carefully reviews and marks any ambiguities or any errors in spelling, sentence construction and punctuation.
- Inputs, formats, and revises documents, including financial statements, letters, presentations and proposals
- Proofs, edits and checks work for completeness, accuracy and formatting.
- Verifies that the project follows the style and branding guide and the format is correct.
- Checks accuracy of Table of Contents and Index.
- Checks headers, footers, chapter titles, copyright information, proper fonts and page numbering.
- Produces correspondence and documents of a basic and sometimes complex nature using report processing equipment and multiple software packages (i.e., MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel). May produce final product of document including printing, copying, collating, folding, and binding.
- Inputs, formats and revises complicated documents
- Other duties as assigned
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, three weeks paid time off for these positions, matching 401(k), flexible hours and a challenging, professional work environment.
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.