Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The HR Analytics Solutions Senior Specialist has functional responsibility for supporting the ongoing management of our HR Reporting and Analytics solutions, inclusive of our HR data warehouse, people manager reporting tools, and Core HR/Talent reporting & analyticial solutions. This position works closely with the HR Analytics leads in HR operations and is a primary liaison to IT and vendors for managing these solutions. The HR Analytics Solutions Senior Specialist will work with the internal HR Information Management Solutions lead and external technology vendors to manage new demand for business requests and identify/recommend alternative solutions, as well as support operational system enhancements and upgrades.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works closely with the Associate Director, Information Management to manage and maintain the Reporting and Analytics systems landscape and recommend changes based on new data needs or requirements.
- Authors or facilitates creation of functional or data integration requirements/specifications to effectively enable solutions
- Supports data privacy processes required to be followed as part of system changes and works with Data Privacy Office and data steward to ensure Local and Global Data Privacy and works council approvals are obtained, as required
- Works with test leads to define test strategy and test plans and executes and/or facilitates user testing
- Executes changes as required to support ongoing demand for system updates based on priorities and assesses impact of quarterly system updates, projects & minor enhancements. Serves as subject matter expert to consult with end users, peers or other functional teams on appropriate system processes and procedures.
- Participates in projects and programs where reporting and analytics tools and technology are impacted, inclusive of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
The HR Solutions Sr. Specialist operates in a highly complex and matrix environment and is expected to apply HR functional and technical expertise to drive performance. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished HR/IT team member with project or operational team experience working with HR data, and systems. He/she will have a track record that demonstrates the following competencies:
- Ability to quickly assesses business needs to identify opportunities where HRIS processes or systems can further the strategy
- Ability to work independently and within a team and direct the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems and translate HR/HRIS issues clearly and articulately into business terms
- Ability to design and implement solution plans, data /flow models.
- Ability to articulate business case for solutions with cost/benefits
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in an HRIS/IT/Operations function
- Analytics application implementation experience
- Project leadership expertise, managing in a deadline driven environment.
- Initiative, creativity, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- HR data and database knowledge
- Excellent analytical, technical, problem solving skills
- Demonstrated competencies in relationship management, facilitation, influencing skills, and working globally as well as cross functionally.
- A team-oriented style and a collaborative approach to getting work done. Ability to be hands-on and entrenched in the details when necessary
- Ability to seek direction when needed as well as in working independently / self-directed with limited and / or an evolving set of available information.
- Strong understanding of and appreciation for data privacy concepts and principles (e.g., importance of securing data at rest and in transit, ensuring data is used in a way that is consistent with the intended purpose).
- Analytics vendor sourcing & selection experience
- SAP HCM, Business Warehouse, SuccessFactors, Visier, or similar HR analytics application implementation experience
- HR Reporting & Analytics practitioner experience
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement