Job Summary - The Research and Correspondence Representative is responsible for working assigned CWF queues including researching accounts to address inquires and concerns related to patient accounts. May serve as Receptionist for the SSC which includes handling all walk in patient account inquires, transferring calls to the appropriate individual/department and may handle patient calls during high call volume periods. Handles other clerical duties as assigned.
Supervisor - Research and Correspondence Manager
Supervises - not applicable
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Analyzing, processing and indexing correspondence via CWF
• Scanning archived notes into Artiva as needed
• Test new document types/cover sheets as needed
• Read and review scanned correspondence and work correspondence according to policy and correspondence type.
• Assist patient account inquiries by courteously supplying accurate and timely information, including bills if requested.
• Handle patient calls as needed.
• Follow all guidelines and policies for SSC employees, both general policies and those specific to customer service activities
• Maintain a courteous and professional attitude with customers and coworkers
• Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
• If serving as Receptionist:
• Greet all visitors to the SSC, ascertain their needs and direct accordingly
• Talk with customers by phone or in person to obtain information needed to resolve their inquiry/concern
• Confer with other staff members to obtain additional information and clarification needed to resolve customer problems
• Answer all inquiries from customers promptly
• Maintain compliance with pool completion requirements (if applicable)
• Maintain required productivity and QA standards
• Document in the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
• Work with patients and guarantors resolve payer requests and discrepancies to promptly resolve pending claims.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement" and all policies and procedures related to the Collections department.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
High school diploma or GED required.
Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom