Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
A segment of Johnson Controls, Tyco Fire Protection Products is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order.
We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer Co-Op to join our R&D team in Marinette, WI!
Winter/Spring Term (December 2016 - May 2017) and Spring/Summer Term (June - December 2017).
• Prepare design layouts, detailed drawings, and specifications.
• Coordinates prototype efforts.
• Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish and/or evaluate performance standards and limits for new or existing products.
• Confer with research personnel and other technical functions as required to clarify and resolve problems and develop designs.
• Plans and holds meetings when appropriate.
• Prepares and presents reports and presentations as needed.
• Interacts and coordinates project activities with internal functions and external partners throughout design process.
• Performs all elements of the job in accordance with established procedures.
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Completed Sophomore year working towards a BS or completed first year of an MS degree.
• Qualified majors: Mechanical Engineering.
• Computer proficient; with experience in MS Office, MS Project, CAD, preferably experienced in Pro -E.
• Must be familiar with product design and testing.
• Experience with 3D modeling a plus. Pro-E desired.
• Strong analytical ability to solve programs and ability to learn quickly.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills to generate process instructions and reports.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional teams with minimum guidance.
• Ability to follow a structured project management process including document meeting minutes, action items, and monitor progress.
• Previous business internship/co-op experiences with strong business acumen beneficial (preferable not required)
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Assignment starts June 2017, must be able to start within this timing.
ABOUT JCI'S INTERNSHIP/CO-OP PROGRAM
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other intern/co-op opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.