Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
Monsanto is currently seeking a highly motivated Field Research Associate
with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary Research Team based out of Lubbock, TX. The Field Research Assistant will assist in all phases of a multi-crop field testing program covering the High Plains and Panhandle regions of Texas.
The successful Field Research Associate has the opportunity to work in all operations related to field trials, seed preparation, field plot management, data collection, and harvesting. This is a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented research scientists seeking to deliver the best in Genetically Modified Crops. Responsibilities include:
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
- Utilization of research equipment such as planters, cotton pickers, combines, and hand held computers for note taking
- Manage different operations, seeding, management of plants, data collection, harvest, etc.
- Assist in computer related activities and provide support for testing activities such as operation of ginning systems, seed counters, and seed packaging
- Perform safety inspections, and assist in providing safety training and guidance to field personnel.
- Supervision and training of temporary employees
- Work closely with other research sites to keep program operating efficiently
- Participate with team to successfully maintain the Quality Standards
- Assist in other projects and perform other duties as and when required
- Overnight travel during the planting and harvest seasons is required. Additional travel outside the region to assist other teams is likely during the year.
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Agronomy, Plant Breeding or related field AND at least 5 years of appropriate work experience in academic or industry setting
- Ability to work extended hours during the peak planting and harvest seasons
- Experience utilizing MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Strong understanding of farm equipment operation, maintenance and fabrication
Who is Monsanto?
- Master's Degree in Agronomy, Plant Breeding or related field AND at least 5 years of and at least 3 years of appropriate work experience
- Familiarity with breeding methodologies is desired
- Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices in Texas
- Broad knowledge farm equipment operation and repair
- Class A CDL with air brakes endorsement (or ability to obtain)
- Texas Pesticide applicator license (or ability to obtain)
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you? Why work with us?
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.