Merck Research Laboratories South San Francisco, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving discovery research. Our new multi-disciplinary discovery research site offers state-of- the-art resources to explore the most promising science combined with Merck's world-class R&D expertise in small molecules and biologics. Located within the heart of the Bay area's biomedical community, research conducted in our new laboratories spans exploratory biology through early clinical development and is an integral part of Merck's powerful world-class network of drug and vaccine discovery.
At Merck, we are inspired by the belief that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to scientific excellence can create medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives. Every employee is building on our proud legacy of scientific breakthrough. Our ability to impact the lives of patients worldwide depends on the integrity, creativity, humility and scientific acumen of our team. We are creating a diverse organization that is inspired by invention and founded on a culture of respect and collaboration. At Merck Research Labs South San Francisco, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues while advancing your career.
Merck is currently seeking highly motivated and exceptional chemists for positions within the Discovery Chemistry Department located at our South San Francisco, CA site. The successful candidate will join highly collaborative, multidisciplinary discovery teams to invent novel medicines by applying innovative synthetic chemistry, analytical techniques and data analysis to design and synthesize drug candidates and intermediates. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Execution and design of synthetic routes to assigned target molecules using modern synthetic chemistry techniques
- Selection and application of appropriate purification techniques including flash chromatography, high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and recrystallization
- Acquisition and interpretation of analytical data, such as NMR and LC/MS
- Learning about the drug discovery process, and the design of target molecules
- Required: B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field
- No more than 2 years Industrial or Academic experience
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills in a team environment
- Learn quickly through on-the-job training to become increasingly skilled and independent in reaction setup, route design and optimization
The quality of our team is essential to our success. We are creating a new and innovative approach to rewarding our employees and establishing a comprehensive value proposition. Our competitive compensation program and benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for us all.