We are looking for a motivated and energetic candidate to join the Animal Biology team in Redwood City. This is a highly collaborative environment focused on the discovery of life-saving, biologics-based medicines. The candidate will be responsible for bridging in vivo mouse work with in vitro phenotyping and analysis of genetically modified mice in support of our antibody discovery platform and therapeutic program advancement. Must be well versed in mouse breeding, mouse genetics, and genotyping. Experience with humane mouse handling procedures (injections, dosing, tissue harvest) is preferred. Candidate should also have working knowledge with in vitro gene expression (RT-PCR, qPCR, ddPCR or similar) and immunology assays (immunizations, ELISAs, FACS, Western blotting, SPR or similar). Experience with primary or stem cell culture is optional but preferred. Candidate will be expected to run independent mouse studies that will involve collecting, compiling, reporting and presenting in-vivo data to support the validation of new mouse models; competency in data organization, e-notebook and database usage are a must. Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in biology or a related field
- Strong communications skills
- Technical expertise in mouse breeding, handling, in vivo manipulation, genotyping; mouse genetics and phenotypic assays to support immunological and transgenic applications.
- Participation in the vivarium occupational health program is required.
- AALAS certification optional but preferred
- 3-5 years of animal facility technical experience required.
- Primary, stem cell culture, or general cell culture experience