Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
• Develops design strategies or research projects, which are non-routine within areas of expertise (bacterial endotoxin, LAL testing, sterilization, bioburden, Integrity) to address specific technical requirements of a project.
• Studies, designs and recommendations reflect impact by and to related disciplines.
• Displays a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside the primary area of expertise.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant Quality System Regulations and other regulatory requirements related to R&D (product development, design and safety) to ensure compliance in all research, data collection and reporting activities.
• In addition to having an in-depth knowledge and understanding of GxP and related regulations and guidance, is able to provide expert insights into such regulations so as to facilitate efficient product registration and/or is an active participant in the generation, review, adoption and interpretation of such regulations.
• Independently plan and execute a series of design and/or technical tasks that may not be well-defined, have multiple variables, and require advanced techniques within negotiated deadlines
• Responsible for providing Product Development Support related to Bacterial endotoxin testing (BET), including establishment of endotoxin limits, appropriate sample preparation methods, preparation of technical justification reports, and performing LAL validation testing.
• Perform LAL and peptidoglycan testing to support plant investigations, trouble-shooting, and/or routine testing.
1) The position requires relevant laboratory skills, writing skills, and computer skills plus teamwork/interpersonal skills.
2) Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with at least 5-7 years or MS with at least 3-5 years relevant experience, or equivalent.
3) Research lab experience may include research in GMP/QSR environment, cross-functional teamwork, and independent experimentation in method development and validation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.