Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Associate III in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matter and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Research Associate III working on the Vaccine Discovery team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
Join a growing team of scientists and research associates engaged in discovery and translational research of several viral vaccines. Working in a fast-paced environment, develop methods for quantitation and characterization of viral vaccines and immune responses, including participation in project planning, execution, data analysis and interpretation. Communication skills are essential to working in a team setting, and to communicate results of the studies to supervisor and team and at group meetings. This position requires the ability to analyze and troubleshoot experiments, optimize assays and implement solutions. Experience in a GLP or similar environment is highly desirable, along with experience handling live viruses. POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Develop and conduct assay methods for quantitation and characterization independently and in collaboration with others project team members.
- Perform basic immunological, virological, and molecular biology techniques.
- Make routine decisions for successful execution of assigned projects and propose project improvements and recommendations to the team.
- Become familiar with scientific literature related to assigned projects, and apply findings to interpret and improve experimental design and results
- Prepare and handle samples, data, and equipment according to standard operating procedures and document results in laboratory notebooks and reports according to principles of Good Laboratory Practices.
- Assemble and interpret own data for reports and presentations within the team and company, using sound scientific principles.
- Lead and/or assist other team members in specific projects/duties.
- Comply with Takeda safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit and promote Takeda`s Core Competencies.
- BS in biological sciences with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience, or a MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of virology, molecular biology, and immunology.
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience working in a BSL-2 environment.
- Ability to optimize and implement scientific methods as they pertain to research goals.
- Experience preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses of experimental procedures, data, and conclusions.
- Be well organized and detail oriented, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and computer analysis skills.
- Comply with institutional certifications and requirements in a BSL-2 environment.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Typical laboratory standing, bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Willingness to travel to internal and external training, project and collaborator meetings, including overnight trips (expected to be infrequent).
- Requires approximately 5% travel.
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.