Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is hiring a Research Associate Scientist, Developability to be located in La Jolla, CA.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The Research Associate Scientist, Developability will:
• Work with a team responsible for developability assessments and pre-clinical formulation development of small molecules clinical candidates.
• Generate data under the guidance and supervision of a senior scientist, while maintaining accurate and well-organized laboratory records, worksheets and notebooks.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
• A minimum of a BS in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceuticals or any closely related field and two or more years of experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry are required, OR a Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceuticals or any closely related field and 0-2 years of experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry are required.
• Hands-on experience with analytical techniques used for the solution and solid state characterization of small molecules, including chromatography (HPLC) is required.
• Experience with µPLC is preferred
• Experience with UV-VIS spectrometry is preferred
• Experience with thermal analysis (differential scanning calorimetry and thermogravimetric analysis) is required
• Experience with X-ray powder diffraction is required
• Experience with mass spectrometry is preferred
• Experience with Agilent ChemStation software is preferred
• Expertise in profiling and interpretation of physical properties of pharmaceutical small molecule compounds is required
• Experience in the design and execution of pre-formulation and forced degradation studies is required
• Good understanding of biopharmaceutical principles is preferred
• Hands-on expertise with pre-clinical formulation development and preparation is required
• Formulation and preformulation experience with peptide is preferred