We are Farmers!
Are you a Data Rock Star? Do you enjoy puzzles? If you have a natural curiosity and enjoy getting your hands dirty with large quantities of raw data, this is your opportunity. Bring at least 3 years of experience with manual data manipulation (Excel, Access) and a solid understanding of database structures or SQL scripting. You will be extracting, manipulating, analyzing, and summarizing data in to concise summaries. What good is information without application? Not only will you provide metrics and trends, you’ll apply your findings to make relevant and attainable suggestions to improve performance. If you enjoy seeing your efforts make a direct impact on business decisions we want to hear from you.
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Performs all manner of research in areas pertaining to the business as directed by Executive Management. Develops recommendations based on research results. Spearheads special projects as directed. Essential Job Functions
- Performs quantitative and qualitative business research including such areas as competitors’ operations.
- Researches compliance issues, questions, individual regulatory-related matters (i.e., practices, proposals, etc.), identifies regulatory compliance deficiencies and potential problems, provides guidance and renders compliance opinions in the development of alternate solutions or implementation of corrective action.
- Gathers and performs analysis of all necessary data.
- Applies creative and innovative thinking to empirical data to explore our best solutions.
- Develops appropriate recommendations based on results of study or inquiry.
- Limited travel required to educational conferences and branch visitations.
- Networks with credit union industry peers to share knowledge.
- Researches and develops new products and services.
- Acts as project manager for new endeavors, coordinating the involvement of credit union departments with third party vendors and consultants.
- Coordinates staff communication and training for new products and services.
- Performs limited functions as corporate historian/librarian.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Four-year college degree in a business or related field of study, including twelve units of accounting or finance data analysis. Experience Requirements
One year experience in a member/customer service position in a consumer financial institution and two years of analytical research in a financial institution. Physical Actions
Required job duties include driving, walking, standing, and lifting and/or carrying 20 lbs. maximum. Required job duties involve airline travel and use of personal and rental cars. Travel up to 20% of time away from home. Mostly sedentary general office environment work. Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, with some exposure to uncontrolled outside environmental conditions and travel via automobile and/or commercial transportation. Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: