We write great research and excite our clients every day - on the phone, on stage or face-to-face. Cyber security and digital business create a tremendous demand for research and advice – and we are looking for individuals who will help us help our clients.
A Research Director for Endpoint Protection, Detection and Response will advise clients on how to select and deploy technology that secures information processes at the workplace, with a particular focus on supporting business objectives. The role divides time among the following responsibilities: client inquiry (including research to answer inquiries), publishing research (text and presentations), in-the-field sales and client support, and administration. Exceptional writing, analytic, public speaking, and social skills are required.
A Research Director in the Digital Workplace Security team will apply in-depth knowledge of endpoint protection technologies, vendors, and deployment best practices. There will be a focus on providing advice to clients on evaluation, selection, and deployment for the following technologies:
- Endpoint protection platforms
- Endpoint forensics, detection and response technology
- Application Control
- Anti-virus/anti-malware, container technologies, host-based intrusion and detection
- Behavior-based analytics and machine learning
- Knowledge and understanding of the Data Loss Prevention, Encryption, Mobile Device Management, Cloud Security markets and other ‘near-neighbor’ technologies and markets is also a plus.
In your new role, you will:
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
- Create specified written research in fulfilment of Gartner's commitment to clients (at least 8 documents per year, a couple of pages each, targeting IT leaders).
- Respond to 300-400 client inquiries per year, providing individualized advice to IT user clients (CIOs, CISOs, security managers) or vendor clients (product development and marketing).
- Present at 4-5 Gartner conferences per year as an industry expert.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone and through face-to-face sales calls.
- Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written), including the ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
- 6-10 years’ work experience in relevant corporate or professional service organization, solving user problems in IT security.
- Ideal candidates will have experience managing an endpoint protection deployment for a large enterprise, or product development or management for a vendor.
- Understanding of how these technologies and practices are developing and to help clients with their vendor selection process - and assist vendors in overall market positioning
- Basic understanding of market research, data collection and analysis.
- A good understanding of Windows OS and other endpoint operating systems
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
Job ID 00016846