We write great research and excite our clients every day - on the phone, on stage or face-to-face. Cyber security and digital business create a tremendous demand for research and advice – and we are looking for individuals who will help us help our clients.
A Research Director for Endpoint Protection, Detection and Response will advise clients on how to select and deploy technology that secures information processes at the workplace, with a particular focus on supporting business objectives. The role divides time among the following responsibilities: client inquiry (including research to answer inquiries), publishing research (text and presentations), in-the-field sales and client support, and administration. Exceptional writing, analytic, public speaking, and social skills are required.
A Research Director in the Digital Workplace Security team will apply in-depth knowledge of endpoint protection technologies, vendors, and deployment best practices. There will be a focus on providing advice to clients on evaluation, selection, and deployment for the following technologies:
* Endpoint protection platforms
* Endpoint forensics, detection and response technology
* Application Control
* Anti-virus/anti-malware, container technologies, host-based intrusion and detection
* Behavior-based analytics and machine learning
* Knowledge and understanding of the Data Loss Prevention, Encryption, Mobile Device Management, Cloud Security markets and other ‘near-neighbor’ technologies and markets is also a plus.
In your new role, you will:
* Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
* Create specified written research in fulfilment of Gartner's commitment to clients (at least 8 documents per year, a couple of pages each, targeting IT leaders).
* Respond to 300-400 client inquiries per year, providing individualized advice to IT user clients (CIOs, CISOs, security managers) or vendor clients (product development and marketing).
* Present at 4-5 Gartner conferences per year as an industry expert.
* Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone and through face-to-face sales calls.
* Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
* Strong communications skills (verbal and written), including the ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
* 6-10 years’ work experience in relevant corporate or professional service organization, solving user problems in IT security.
* Ideal candidates will have experience managing an endpoint protection deployment for a large enterprise, or product development or management for a vendor.
* Understanding of how these technologies and practices are developing and to help clients with their vendor selection process - and assist vendors in overall market positioning
* Basic understanding of market research, data collection and analysis.
* A good understanding of Windows OS and other endpoint operating systems
* Bachelor's degree in related field.
Job ID 00016846
A little about us:
What makes Gartner a great place to work? Great people. Smart, curious and driven toward success, they thrive on new ideas and collaboration. Top talent is why we are the world’s leading research and advisory company. If you’re looking for a great community, a rewarding career and a chance to make a difference, you’ve come to the right place.