PepsiCo has a complementary food and beverage portfolio that enables us to provide more choices for our customers, and drives lower costs, productivity enhancements and new capabilities. Our products are available around the world and our portfolio includes 22 brands that each generates more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales.
The purpose of this role is to develop new process capabilities based on deep fundamental insights. This includes both identifying and exploring/testing/evaluating emerging and novel new technologies and vetting their performance to drive differentiated products for PepsiCo growth. Responsibilities will also comprise of defining technical option for an initiative area, recommending a project scope and approach, estimating resource and timing needs and executing project work.
Qualifications/Requirements Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Utilize Engineering first principles and scientific methods to develop technical process equipment solutions that both create new business opportunities and solve existing equipment needs.
- Partner externally with key food processing equipment vendors, universities, technical consulting individuals/companies to create and prove new technologies
- Design and execute experiments, analyze and interpret data, and make sound technical recommendations on new process equipment and technologies.
- Apply sound project management skills to set and maintain timelines, budgets, staffing requirements, etc.
- Develop basic economic evaluations for new processes
- Participate as R&D representative in various internal R&D team (function, region) and cross functional business development teams including Ops, Engineering, Procurement, etc.
- Run Pilot scale trials to demonstrate potential of new process equipment -which could occur leveraging internal assets or external
- Presentation of project progress to various internal teams and decision bodies, including managers up to Band 2.
- Manage "Phase Gate" process for individual projects and obtain appropriate leadership approvals to move projects forward
- MS or PhD Engineering Degree (Chemical, Mechanical, Food Process)
- Minimum 5 years' industry experience, outside CPG industry considered
- Proven ability to solve problems / design solutions based on fundamental engineering principles
- Experience with translating benchtop and small scale testing insights to define scale-up equipment requirements
- In-depth analytical skills to interpret complex data and distill into meaningful information (e.g. interpreting experimental design and statistical inference)
- Ability to plan and coordinate experimental test runs including oversight/mentoring of technicians
- Must work well in a team environment and demonstrate strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Ability to lead multiple projects and work streams at the same time
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work within a Matrix organization.
- Ability to form hypothesis regarding equipment technologies and match equipment capability to business needs
- Confident and skilled communicator
- High levels of creativity, curiosity and flexibility
- Tenacious, self-driven
- Works well in a team environment
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.