Greetings, students! We are geared up and ready to roll out another round of epic internship experiences for summer 2017. Our internship program offers you the chance to put your skills to the test and work side-by-side with the Tespa team and other Blizzard Entertainment employees on real projects which will be seen and used by our players. Are you ready for the challenge?
While the internship program will test your mettle, we have planned out a summer which is fully immersive, engaging, and exciting! We want interns who are enthusiastic about their goals and who are motivated to evolve the college gaming landscape through Tespa, an international college gaming organization. You will be fully exposed to the Blizzard culture while contributing heavily to an extremely focused group which aims to jumpstart grassroots and amateur esports on a local level. Working on our team will require communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and desires to learn and grow. Additionally, having experience in any student organization will go a long way in helping you to understand what our chapters go through during the academic year, but it is not absolutely necessary. Of course, we're all gamers too, which means that having a passion for technology, esports, and gaming will always be a plus, regardless of the position. We can't wait to meet you and shape the future this summer!Quest Objectives
Intern Guild Requirements
- Social media analysis for our competitors and other non-gaming college organizations across a variety of industries and interests.
- Collect statistics and create reports based on student organization activity in current chapter network.
- Investigate several regions outside of North America for potential Tespa support.
- Interview student leaders in NA and other regions, university administrators, and key Blizzard resources.
- Propose changes to current program based on cultural differences for other regions.
- Investigate and analyze other research topics as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Ambitious self-starter who is comfortable working on projects without direct supervision
- Exceptional understanding of collegiate gaming communities and the esports industry
- Excellent communication skills and a strong writer
- Strong interpersonal skills and great at maintaining relationships
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, and/or any preferred presentation programs or web applications
Quest Items WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Recommended major in international studies, international business, social sciences, communications, or related field
- Recommended to be an active member of a Tespa chapter or a leader in the collegiate esports space
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.