We are seeking a highly motivated bioinformatician with academic and/or industry experience to join our Integrated Science and Translational Bioinformatics Immuno-Oncology teams. The mandate of the Integrated Science group is to integrate, synthesize and analyze internal and external data that address defined translational questions of fundamental importance to the field of Immune-Oncology (IO) so to generate actionable scientific insights, hypotheses, and recommendations for stakeholders across the enterprise. The successful candidate will help execute this mandate through the strategic application of cutting edge bioinformatics approaches. The candidate will internally face and interact with scientists within Discovery, Biomarker Science, Translational Biology, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs and Commercial organizations and will externally face and interact with academic investigators globally as a major scientific collaborator. Responsibilities
- Analysis of various –omic-scale data including RNA-Seq, Exome and Whole Genome Sequencing, single cell sequencing, and high throughput proteomics in order to nominate novel drug targets, enable patient enrichment strategies, understand mechanisms of resistance to IO therapies and prioritize combination therapies.
- Integration and mining of large scale external data sets (TCGA, 1KG, EXAC, Cosmic) to further our understanding of the relationship between tumor genetics, the tumor microenvironment, and response to therapies.
- Evaluate and analyze exploratory genomics data from clinical trials to understand drug mechanisms and patient response.
- Extract insights and generate hypotheses to be evaluated in future trials and to inform our discovery pipeline.
- Collaborate with bioinformaticians, statisticians, biologists, and clinicians to identify critical questions that can be addressed via computational approaches.
- Define and implement statistical/computational analysis plans.
The ability to work across organizations to define and solve problems that will benefit the whole. Capable of establishing strong working relationships across the organization. Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, engineering, statistics, physics, molecular biology, genetics, or a similar discipline with less than 2 years of industry experience.
- Strong background in -omic (DNA, RNA, epigenetic, proteomic) data analysis and biological interpretation.
- Solid background in Oncology/Immuno-Oncology biology.
- Ability to communicate effectively with biologists, biostatisticians and computational scientists.
- Proficiency using R and Bioconductor packages, at least one scripting language (Python, Perl), and SQL.
- Experience working with Linux high performance compute clusters and cloud based computing platforms (Amazon EC2).
- Working knowledge of publicly available biological databases including NCBI, Ensembl, dbGAP, GEO, SRA, TCGA, etc.
- Experience working with clinical trial data is a plus.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.