Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate
in our Cambridge
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate
working on the Upstream Process Development
team, you will be empowered to collaborate on exciting new innovations in the field
and work with a variety of teams
, and a typical day will include:
Responsible for supporting the cell line development (CLD) team through participation in transfection, stable selection, cloning, and characterization of CHO cell lines for clinical and commercial production. This position will perform laboratory experiments using a variety of CLD and cell culture technologies including cell sorting/clone picking, cell imaging, liquid handling automation and small scale bioreactors. The candidate will need strong organizational skills and experience with MS Excel to review and interpret large amounts of data. This position will be expected to conduct experiments with limited supervision, documenting experimental steps in an electronic laboratory notebook, and drafting support documentation.
Qualifications: LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Prepares experimental protocols.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Interprets data independently, and contributes to technical reports
- Identifies complex technical issues, and implements solutions under supervision
- Contributes to the design of new applications/experiments/unit operations in consultation with supervisor.
- Supports technology transfer through writing and consolidating technical documents.
- Coordinates within department as well as cross functionally with peers on projects
Biologics – Upstream Process Development: Cell line development
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Sound knowledge of cell culture principles, experience in aseptic techniques required
- Experience in CLD technologies including suspension culture of CHO cells, single-cell cloning (sorting/clone picking), clonality assessment, and clone characterization highly desirable
- Experience in molecular biology methods including subcloning, expression vector modifications, and rtqPCR desirable
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, or related pharmaceutical science; 3+ years of biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry experience in CHO cell line development
- Masters degree in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ year of biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry experience in CHO cell line development
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and resolve routine issues using appropriate information.
- Teamwork -- Ability to work within department groups/team.
- Communication Skills - Expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- Organization – Exercises good time management skills
- Technical - Proficient in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
- Some laboratory activities require repetitive motion
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- May require approximately 5% travel.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.