Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate
in our Cambridge
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate
working on the Process Chemistry
team, you will be empowered to influence and improve the manufacturing process through your chemical work
, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Process Chemistry is responsible for conceiving synthetic pathways for small molecule drug candidates and developing phase-appropriate manufacturing processes to ensure the consistent production of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
- The Senior Research Associate in Process Chemistry is responsible for independently executing synthetic experiments as part of an API development team.
- Additionally this position participates in planning synthetic experiments under supervision.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Prepares experimental protocols.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within Process Chemistry.
- Interprets data independently, and contributes to technical reports
- Identifies complex technical issues, and implements solutions under supervision
- Contributes to the design of new applications/experiments/unit operations in consultation with supervisor.
- Supports technology transfer through writing and consolidating technical documents.
- Coordinates within department as well as cross functionally with peers on projects
Education and Experience:
- Masters degree in chemistry; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting
- Practical experience with typical analytical tools (e.g. NMR, UV, IR, HPLC)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and resolve routine issues using appropriate information.
- Teamwork -- Ability to work within department groups/team.
- Communication Skills - Expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- Organization – Exercises good time management skills
- Technical - Proficient in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- May require approximately 5% travel.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.