Summary: Responsible for assisting for the ongoing strategy development and implementation of a growing derivatives based program that hedges global and US equity portfolios and increases risk adjusted value. Additionally the analyst should be able to work closely with clients, investment teams, marketing and sales teams, and other areas in developing, analyzing, recommending, and implementing optimal derivative strategies for all hedge portfolios. The analyst will be a member of the derivatives investment team with focus primarily on options, futures and other deriviative assets.
- Perform extensive computer-based data analysis, and quantitative research, using advanced statistical methodologies.
- Responsible for assisting the design and implementation of innovative investment strategies and products.
- Keeps abreast of latest developments in investment theory to keep Analytic on the leading edge in product design.
- Joint responsibility for portfolio review meetings and presentations to prospects.
- Assist in general research to support the overall investment management process
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
- Understand features of derivatives markets such as liquidity, transactons costs and market organization and use this knowledge in combination with investment theory to construct derivative portfolios.
- 1+ year of investment research experience
- Experience working with research tools such as: FactSet, Bloomberg, and Barra
- Equity markets experience
- Good statistics and math skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Microsoft Excel experience designing and running macros
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- College bachelor or more advanced degree in a quantitative disciple (economics/finance, or math)
- 1+ year of SAS programming experience
- PC proficiency (SAS programming preferred, scripting ability, data integration, computer science fundamentals)
- Strong investment knowledge (stocks, futures, options and currencies)
- Good communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability
- Good organization skills
- 1+ year of analytical experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.