Microsoft has significantly expanded its efforts in artificial intelligence, creating the Artificial Intelligence and Research division. The Visual Intelligence Group is a vital part of that division, which mobilizes research and advanced technology projects by creating and building state-of-the-art AI technology in areas such as computer vision and machine learning, while driving end-to-end AI experiences in close collaboration with partners across MSR and product teams.
The team is growing and we are looking for talented people who have background in research and/or engineering, and love to develop new technology that can be deployed to millions of users worldwide.
We are looking for you if you:
• Are passionate about incubating new ideas, solving problems, and building working systems.
• Are self-motivated, proven collaborators, good communicators, attentive to details, and keen to learn.
• Have practical experience working in an academic or industrial research environment.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science (or related discipline) and 0-1+ years or Masters and 2+ years relevant experience.
• Great research experience with demonstrated publications in any of, but not limited to, the fields in visual recognition, object detection/segmentation, face recognition, 3D vision, model compression, etc.
• Hands-on experience of developing algorithms or systems in computer vision, deep learning, optimization, or other subfields of artificial intelligence.
• Demonstrated cross-team collaboration skills and communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.