Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist to independently design and implement immune cell based assays in support of the Immunology and Immuno-Oncology portfolio at BMS.
Applicants must have a deep scientific and technical understanding of immunology assay techniques to enable the establishment of screening assays in whole blood and purified immune subsets for functional genomics, lead identification and optimization across early and late stage discovery. The applicant will be required to have strong technical expertise in high throughput multi-parameter cellular platforms including flow cytometry and high content imaging to enable phospho, cytokine, proliferation, MLR and immune cell co-culture assay readouts.
Experimental work is an integral part of the role and the candidate will spend the majority of his/her time at the bench and demonstrate rigorous data documentation and analysis skills. Additional responsibilities include assay trouble shooting and exploration of new technology platforms to enhance the infrastructure for discovery program support. Qualifications: Requirements
- Master's degree and 3 years of experience or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of scientific experience in immunology or tumor immunology
- Comprehensive technical expertise in developing and performing diverse in vitro immunoassays with whole blood, T-cells, B-cells, DCs, monocytes and macrophages.
- Proficiency in cell culture, with experience in handling of human/mouse primary cells
- Hands on experience in multicolor flow cytometry, high content analysis, gene expression profiling and various soluble immunoassays (ELISA, MSD and Luminex).
- Proficiency in designing 384 and 1536 well assays and adept with robotics and lab automation
- Work with cross-functional project teams to implement automated solutions for assay automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and oral presentation skills.
- A strong desire to succeed in cross functional teams to establish productive collaborations
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.