Job Description :
Baxter International Inc. provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's 50,000 employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care
This position will support research in microbial control methods and testing for practical application to Baxter's new and existing product portfolio. The focus of this position will be on applying sound, science-based microbiology and microbial physiology to sterility assurance research and development.
The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, entrepreneurial, and a self starter willing to be inventive and get their hands wet in the laboratory. As a senior scientist we expect active industry participation by publishing and presenting.
Additional responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
• Reach conclusions based on scientific data and analyses; and from conclusions provide recommendations to larger projects and project teams.
• Generate innovative solutions to complex problems through the use of multiple disciplines and technical principles.
• Create innovative products/processes/methods through novel combinations of expertise within the organization.
• Efficiently execute programs in such a way as to reduce cycle-time while meeting all regulatory and quality requirements.
• Develop schedules of complex scope.
• Independently plan, execute and manage projects/programs that both span multiple disciplines and utilize established methods, techniques or approaches.
• Develop new or improved techniques and procedures around specific tasks; write and implement SOP's.
• Develop research outlines for large scientific projects.
• Apply state-of-the-art techniques in the area of expertise to develop new or improved products.
• As a good team player, share research outcomes, methodology and cycle-time reduction methods with team members and other divisional personnel.
• Author journal articles, apply for patents, and contribute to scientific literature and conferences.
• In addition to having an in-depth knowledge and understanding of GxP and related regulations and guidance, is able to provide expert insights into such regulations so as to facilitate efficient product registration and/or is an active participant in the generation, review, adoption and interpretation of such regulations.
• May supervise and direct Research Associates.
• PhD degree in microbiology or similar discipline with 0 to 5 years, MS with at least 6-9 years, or Bachelor's with at least 15 years in relevant discipline required. Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices, FDA guidelines, and capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience, as well as, project management tools.
• Able to design and implement projects/studies in own area of expertise.
• Must demonstrate effective supervisory/leadership skills
• Experience Supervising others
• Experience with water microbiology, water systems and general water quality
• Work experience developing and/or testing medical devices
• Knowledge or renal disease and renal dialysis
• Research lab experience includes research in a regulated environment, cross-functional teamwork, and independent experimentation in method development and validation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.