Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
1) Reach conclusions based on research analysis and incorporate recommendations into larger projects. Apply advanced techniques to solving difficult problems. Approve technical feasibility of complex design concepts within area of expertise; advise management regarding appropriate action.
2) Generate innovative solutions to complex problems through the use of multiple disciplines and technical principles. Create innovative products/processes/methods through novel combinations of expertise within the organization.
3) Efficiently execute programs in such a way as to reduce cycle-time while meeting all regulatory and quality requirements under general direction. Develop budgets and schedules of complex scope. Independently plan, execute and manage projects/programs that both span multiple disciplines and utilize established methods, techniques or approaches.
4) Develop new or improved techniques and procedures around specific tasks; write and implement SOP's. Develop research outlines for large scientific projects. Apply state-of-the-art techniques in the area of expertise to develop new or improved products.
5) As a good team player, share research outcomes, methodology and cycle-time reduction methods with team members and other divisional personnel.
6) Maintain current knowledge of relevant Quality System Regulations and other regulatory requirements related to research and development (product development, design and safety) to ensure compliance in all research, data collection and reporting activities.
7) Authors articles in journals apply for patents and contribute to scientific literature and conferences.
8) In addition to having an in-depth knowledge and understanding of GxP and related regulations and guidance, is able to provide expert insights into such regulations so as to facilitate efficient product registration and/or is an active participant in the generation, review, adoption and interpretation of such regulations.
9)May supervise and direct Research Associates.
1) Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with at least 10 years, MS with at least 5-7 years, or PhD with 0 to 2 years in relevant discipline required.
2) QSR research lab experience essential and GMP experience desirable.
3) Research lab experience includes research in GMP/QSR environment, cross-functional teamwork, and independent experimentation in method development and validation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.