At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Research Scientist for the Corporate Research Materials Lab (CRML) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Research Scientist will be responsible for conducting assigned or self-initiated synthesis and characterizing new polymers as part of on-going development programs.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting assigned and/or self-initiated synthesis, purification, and processing of polymeric materials.
- Applying fundamental technical skills to provide support to design and develop new advanced materials with unique chemical and physical properties.
- Preparing and testing tape samples.
- General polymer characterization with appropriate analytical tools.
- Documenting experimental data/observations in a technical notebook.
- Contributing to the development of intellectual property and patentable inventions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently possess or in the final year of Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on 4.0 scale
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or Organic Chemistry from an accredited university
- Strong track record of applying scientific/engineering principles
- Hands on, self-starter orientation
- Broad interests and willingness to explore new areas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.