Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Research Scientist, Packaging Development, are to:
Who you are
- Manage assigned packaging development projects;
- Support identification of packaging development strategy for assigned NPD projects;
- Support, develop and communicate timelines and cost for assigned projects;
- Coordinate and assist in the execution of laboratory development activities;
- Provide oversight of junior level packaging development colleagues to execute experimental plans and batch packaging / manufacturing;
- Coordinate external development activities, as required, by providing technical leadership and accountability for delivering timing commitments;
- Lead development of and / or author technical documentation to support launch and regulatory approval of projects (i.e. Development Plans, Development Reports and Technical Regulatory Documentation);
- Act as technical expert for packaging technology by providing sound technical expertise to Innovation Team, Category Leads, Technical Sub-teams, and Category Technical Leads.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of six (6) years of package development experience; or
- Master's Degree with a minimum of four (4) years of package development experience; or
- Ph.D with postdoctoral experience;
- Strong track record leading packaging design and innovation activities;
- Ability to balance innovation, cost and manufacturability of new package;
- Team player that builds strong relationships and can manage teams without direct authority;
- Working knowledge of solid, semi-solid and liquid packaging structures and equipment;
- Experience generating packaging specifications and packaging batch records;
- Working knowledge of packaging unit operations and machinery at pilot and commercial scale;
- Ability to work independently and lead packaging projects.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.