Microsoft works with the world’s best researchers, moving with the current of technology as it rapidly evolves. Together we share the motivation to seek innovative solutions to the world’s toughest challenges and improve the lives of people everywhere. Microsoft AI and Research provides a nurturing environment to support passionate researchers and engineers in AI technology innovation.
Our Business AI group is seeking RSDE (Research Software Development Engineer) candidates excelling in deep thinking research aspects and fast-paced entrepreneurial execution. The ideal candidates should have strong ability to work with researchers at Microsoft to push forward research agendas, being a team player in a collaborative and supportive environment with outstanding programming skills. We are seeking candidates with stellar empirical research skills and technical backgrounds. Applicants should demonstrate depth of knowledge in technical fields such as deep learning, natural language processing and machine learning, as well as strong experience in data processing, experimentation and modeling.
• Conduct research and experiments related to natural language processing (NLP).
• Research, design, implement, and evaluate novel deep learning models for real-world problems.
• Analyze and improve performance of NLP algorithms and deep learning models on large-scale datasets.
• Implement prototypes of scalable dialogue and retrieval systems in business AI application fields.
• Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level.
• Work closely with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations.
• Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or related technical field.
• Published papers in peer-reviewed journals or conferences, or track record of leading projects in industry.
• Expert deep learning background.
• Strong knowledge of statistical natural language processing (NLP) algorithms.
• Experience with analysis tools such as R, Python or experience working with production machine learning systems.
• Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++, Java or previous software engineering experience.
• Experience in leveraging and augmenting deep learning code base and libraries/toolkits to deliver new solutions.
• Should be able to take initiative, but also follow a research/productization plan and work well as part of a team.
• Excellent critical thinking and communication skills (written and oral).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.