At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems - there is no better place to launch your career!
We are seeking Research Staff Member candidates with demonstrated publication records in one or more of our focus areas and technical leadership potential. You will conduct world-class research on innovative technologies and solutions, and publish in top-tier conferences and journals. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the commercialization of the resulting assets. Demonstrated communication skills and ability to work independently, as well as in a team are highly desired traits.
You should have one or more of the following skills:
- Cloud computing infrastructure, including cloud platform and programming models; cloud infrastructure services; APIs; containers; DevOps techniques; microservices
- Computing and data services, including emerging platforms (Spark, SQL/NoSQL, Blockchain)
- Artificial intelligence computing infrastructure, including deep learning platform and services, accelerated cognitive systems, accelerators interface architecture, compilers and programming models, co-designed hardware/software
- Distributed computing theory and application, systems; services technology, including service management, analytics, automation and orchestration, cognitive services
- Memory controller architecture, memory performance modeling, memory standards and interfaces, cache design, non-volatile memory, NAND flash
You must be willing to work in Yorktown Heights, NY or Almaden, CA. ANTICIPATED START DATES WILL BE IN 2018
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research Staff Members are a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.