The mission of the IBM AI Engineering/Research group is to create AI platforms and technologies that make it easy to build end-to-end AI systems with speed and scale. These systems are designed to create new partnerships between people and machines to augment and scale human expertise in every industry, from healthcare to financial services to education.
We’re looking for a Research Staff Member with Machine Learning and Deep Learning expertise, who has demonstrated significant technical leadership and a strong publication record in AI. You will be responsible for performing foundational research in a wide range of topics.
As a Research Staff Member working on our AI platform projects, you will work on the most cutting-edge, exciting projects and you will help to design and implement state of the art AI systems that will impact the world. You will interact with the brightest minds in AI and will help bring AI research ideas into scalable, robust systems. We want to bring out the best in you and expect you to do the same to us. Your proactive approach to creative problem solving will be essential to the success of our team and the company.081583 Responsibilities
- Conduct world-class research in AI, publish in top-tier conferences and journals, file patent disclosures when appropriate, and contribute towards the development of relevant applications
- Contribute to the commercialization of the resulting assets
- Enhance the capabilities, work to enhance the reach and continue to advance the platform
- Work with a team of researchers on theoretical and practical projects that will utilize the candidate's scientific and programming skills
081583Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to work in a team are essential
- Ability to work independently with latest AI tools and frameworks
- Proven background, publication record and experience in dealing with one or more of the following areas of AI: machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and image processing, natural language processing and dialog management, speech recognition
- Experience with large-scale system engineering, distributed systems and software engineering
- PhD in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Visualization for Machine Learning, or related technical fields
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: hyperparameter tuning, reinforcement learning, knowledge engineering, reasoning, planning, decision making
- Experience with automated distributed deployment and scaling technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with deep learning frameworks
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.