Health Outcomes Researcher
HealthCore, Inc, a health services research firm headquartered in Wilmington, DE is currently seeking a Health Outcomes Researcher to work on the Life Sciences Research team in our Andover, MA, Wilmington, DE or Alexandria, VA office. Founded in 1996, and now an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with "real-world" data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. HealthCore's projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
Responsibilities vary with the position and include:
• Performing prospective and retrospective health services, health outcomes, and health economic research activities under the direction of the project manager
• Supporting research activities for Health Outcomes project managers in the following areas: research designs, methodologies, analytical techniques, and reporting (with respect to statistical results)
• Conducting review of administrative claims data and statistical output to ensure accuracy of results
• Collaborating with the project managers and other support staff (i.e., analysts, clinicians, and medical writers) to support the research functions that bring high quality reports, deliverables, peer-reviewed publications, presentations to clients and at professional meetings, and other milestones to fruition
• Utilizing industry standard, as well as cutting-edge health economic analytical and statistical techniques.
• Working with project managers to summarize key findings and generate value messages for incorporation into project deliverables, publications, and presentations.
This position requires a M.S., Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.D., or relevant education and 0-1 years of experience at the Research Analyst level, and 1 year of experience in health service research, epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics or related fields at the Sr. Research Analyst level. Post-graduate or post-doctoral training in conducting health service research with experience in biostatistics or epidemiology, managed care, PBM, pharmaceutical, or related experience is preferred. Strong study design and statistical analysis skills and proficiency with one or more statistical applications (SAS, Stata) are required. Experience with health plan administrative databases (pharmacy and medical claims) and economic modeling is preferred in addition to consulting experience in a managed care, PBM, pharmaceutical industry, or related environment. Strong study design and statistical analysis skills and proficiency with one or more statistical applications (SAS, Stata) are required. Experience with health plan administrative databases (pharmacy and medical claims) and economic modeling is preferred.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program, including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, and free parking.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with new offices in Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore offers the resources of the nation's leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
To apply, please apply online atwww.healthcore.com/careersand search under Job #118287, or at the following link:
To learn more about us or apply for a position, please visitwww.healthcore.com
EOE - Dedicated to Diversity
Other Locations: MA-Andover, VA-Alexandria
Requisition ID: 122124
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.