Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
The Group Rooms and Reservation Coordinator oversees the efficient operation of the reservations department in selling of guest rooms to accommodate guest needs. This person will be responsible for processing and handling group rooming lists and reservation requests, analyzing room inventory, and help with staffing needs of the front desk. This position requires individuals with a keen attention to detail, a strong dedication to customer service, and a positive and friendly attitude. Essential Functions:
- Monitor and analyze rooms inventory and increase average rate
- Help with staffing needs at the front desk and train agents on the operations of the reservation department
- Attend meetings to support business operations
- Calculate and prepare room pick-up reports
- Initiate and prepare reports as required
- Handle all reservations aspects of a group, monitor room block, rooming lists, VIP and other accommodations, and client correspondence relating to reservations
- Support revenue management strategies
- Manage all aspects of reservations including: processing rooming lists, revisions, cancellations, modifications
- Manage all Courtesy and Social Room Blocks
- Complete group set up and all that entails (group summary sheet, rates, shoulder nights, packages, taxes, routing special requests)
- Collaborate with CP and Sales regarding group contracts and resumes to ensure groups are set up in compliance (rates, packages match what is contracted)
- Support FOM in management of all LNR accounts
- Manage/ oversee hotel inventory and support FOM in sell out/ over sell situations- open/close inventory, balance room type inventory, etc.
- Communicates effectively with all team members
- Promotes Brand Culture
- All other duties as assigned by management
- One year experience as a Guest Service Agent or experience in a comparable service position.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the availability to work flexible hours (weekends) based on the occupancy demands of the center.
- Can read, understand, and clearly speak English
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.