Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
Responsible for the overall planning, direction and control of assigned components within a region -defined as a district. Responsible for and accountable to all contracts within district. Facilitates the development of strategic operations plans aligned with the client's mission, vision and objectives. Ensures fiscal and managerial compliance is executed at all times and develops a talented and engaged workforce.
Scope of Role
- Districts vary in size but generally range from between 4 to 13 individual component contracts. Manages employee base of 150 up to 500 employees utilizing Aramark or client's payroll. Total managed volume: $13 million.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Work closely with Sr DM/VPO and/or RVP to provide overall planning, direction and control to assigned units within district, to achieve operating and financial goals.
- Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to managers and other district staff.
- Responsible for assisting team members in their career growth, establishing an effective succession planning process and all recruitment required for District.
- Interact with client management in each location within the District and establish/maintain effective performance based client and customer relations.
- Responsible for the accuracy and predictability of each unit's financial performance through the utilization of the forecasting process. Responsible for communication of deviations and action plans to regional and divisional leadership.
- Identify opportunities to implement new and innovative products and services which support business development and client retention.
- Provide effective and timely management over the contract administration process including amendments and contract extensions.
- Promote vertical sales growth via active collaboration amongst the regional team and appropriate subject matter experts.
- Support DBD to promote new sales growth and assist with development of new business financial and operating plans.
- Participate in professional and civic activities in support of Aramark community relations.
- Assist Labor Relations in negotiations of union contracts. Oversee all operational and financial implications of union contracts.
- Build effective partnerships with Regional leadership and their staffs.
- Bachelors' Degree, may require specific degree or certification depending on the service, with 7+ years of service appropriate dining, facility, or conference center experience is required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead multiple teams in a diverse environment and successfully provide alignment and innovation to generate measureable outcomes for multiple client and customer locations.
- Must have highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.