The Resident Manager's primary focus is to drive revenue and manage risk within their branch and to continue to build a book of business. Job functions also include maintaining a superior and consistent level of client service, developing cohesive teams, providing consistent leadership, and assuming accountability for their Branch's results. Resident Managers must be responsible for fiscal management, personnel management and morale, business ethics and practices, and compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations. The Resident Manager reports directly to either the Complex Manager, Non-Producing Branch Manager or Producing Branch Manager. The Resident Manager will manage a smaller producing branch office.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build a client base of high net worth households by prospecting and developing new client relationships, and maintain and manage long term client relationships
• Help manage client investment needs consistent with Firm policies and industry requirements
• Keep current with information regarding regulatory requirements, financial markets and current and new products.
• Has a thorough understanding of the Firm's products and those of its strategic partners; uses this knowledge to provide resources and direction in order to help drive sales
• Has a good understanding of the Firm's resources; able to direct the sales force to the appropriate resources in an efficient manner
• Effectively applies product/business knowledge to recruiting efforts; able to "translate" competitor offerings into Morgan Stanley Wealth Management products, and understand and explain how a recruit will be able to continue to help meet their clients' needs
• Seeks opportunities to grow business and drive sales by capitalizing on Firm initiatives
• Focuses on building strong relationships with corporate departments and strategic partners to achieve the marketing efforts of the Branch.
• Promotes corporate and complex initiatives and is able to effectively communicate these initiatives to Financial Advisors within their branch.
• Builds an effective team in the branch by constantly communicating relevant information on a timely basis and conducting regular meetings
• Participates in Region and Complex initiatives including sales, hiring, recruitment, diversity, and community outreach.
• Leads by example by ensuring that their branch is consistently achieving the objectives of the U.S. Wealth Management Group, maintains a positive morale, has a reputation of growth, has ethical business practices, and demonstrates a commitment to diversity and respect for others.
• Leads proactively by identifying trends, potential areas of growth and weakness and addressing these areas in order to positively position the branch within the geographic market.
• Leads their Branch's efforts of Sales, results, and client-centered approach Experience.
• Leverages the resources of the Firm to achieve the highest level of success.
• Acts as a coach and mentor for Financial Advisors in order to help drive results.
• Responsible for the Branch's sales performance and financial performance
• Responsible for regulatory, legal and compliance issues including: Risk Management for their Branch in regards to monitoring sales, human resources, and legal and regulator practices.
• Responsible for following supervisory procedures as outlined in the Branch Manager's Supervisory Manual.
• Responsible for executing the Annual Supervisory Plan.
• Responsible for effectively communicating the status of performance and issues to the Complex Manager/Non-Producing Branch Manager/Producing Branch Manager.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree required or equivalent education or experience
• At least 5 or more years of experience as a Financial Advisor (with satisfactory production and compliance record), or equivalent branch management or industry experience.
Licenses and Registrations
• Active Series 7, 8 (or 9 and 10), 66 (or 63 and 65) and 3 registrations (Series 31 acceptable if branch conducts managed futures business only )
• Other licenses as required for role or by management
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think critically
• Ability to manage a team
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to interact with senior management team, Financial Advisors, support staff, clients and corporate and field personnel as needed
• Ability to own projects at a Branch level
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and complete projects
• Direct: Complex Manager/Non-Producing Branch Manager/Producing Branch Manager
• Financial Advisors and Branch support staff
This list is meant to be directional and should not be considered complete, as it may be supplemented on an as needed basis
*All candidates should verify that they meet the minimum eligibility requirements prior to applying
EOE committed to diversifying its workforce.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.