Resident Pharmacist- PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency, MCPHS University (Worcester, Massachusetts) (Job Number: 024811)
Walgreen Drug Store - Str03151 - 320 PARK AVE
320 PARK AVE
Description MCPHS University and Walgreens Community Pharmacy Residency Program PGY1: Worcester, Massachusetts
The mission of the MCPHS University and Walgreens Community Pharmacy Residency Program is to provide postgraduate educational and training experience to develop pharmacists with expertise in community pharmacy practice, provide compassionate care for members of their communities and contribute to Walgreens' advancement in health care. The residency program is based in Worcester, MA. Our pharmacy is an innovative community pharmacy practice site dedicated to providing pharmacist delivered clinical patient care services tailored to patients who are prescribed complex therapies for HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, multiple sclerosis, and oncology. This residency program is academically affiliated with and financially supported by MCPHS University in Worcester, MA, Program Description
The community pharmacy resident will receive instruction and experience in each of the following components:
- Clinical: The clinical component will be completed in the following mandatory year-long rotations: community, specialty, ambulatory, and drug safety. The resident will rotate through various sites in order to achieve the goals set forth by the accreditation standards.
- Educational: The resident will be able to have various opportunities for teaching. They will be exposed to small group as well as larger didactic lectures and serve as an adjunct preceptor for the community pharmacy practice laboratory.
- Operational / Administrative: The resident will have the opportunity to develop their administrative role as a pharmacist. They will spend time with the pharmacy manager at both sites, as well as spend time with the Pharmacy Supervisors at Walgreens to understand the details of pharmacy operations.
- Management / Leadership: The resident will have opportunities to become involved with both State and National pharmacy associations. They will have the opportunity to attend Massachusetts Pharmacy Board meetings, attend local and national pharmacy meetings, as well as assist in legislative endeavors to further the practice of pharmacy.
- Engage the resident in the clinical, educational, operational, and administrative aspects of community pharmacy practice
- Prepare the resident to assume clinical, educational, operational, and administrative responsibilities within the community practice setting
- Provide a mechanism whereby the resident contributes to the development of pharmacy services within the community setting
- Develop the resident's precepting and teaching abilities
- Contribute to quality improvement programs where appropriate
- Successfully develop and implement a longitudinal residency project, as well as submit a manuscript for publication in a reputable pharmacy journal
Qualifications Candidate Requirements
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Pharmacist License within 90 days of the start of the residency program
- PharmD Degree from a college or school of pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- Completed on-line application at www.walgreens.jobs
- Submission of residency application materials to Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Letter of intent explaining why you are pursuing a community pharmacy residency and what you hope to gain from the residency program
- Official university transcripts
- On-site interview (upon invitation)
- Registered with the National Matching Service (NMS)
- All applications must be received no later than January 15th in the year in which admission is sought.
- Once all materials are received, the Program Director will contact eligible candidates for an on-site interview.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.