Resident Pharmacist- PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency, Mercer University (Atlanta, Georgia) (Job Number: 024809)
Georgia East - 1200 LAKE HEARN DR NE
1200 LAKE HEARN DR NE
Description Walgreens Health System Pharmacy and Mercer University College of Pharmacy
Community Pharmacy Residency Program, PGY1: Atlanta, Georgia
The mission of the Walgreens Community Pharmacy Residency Program is to provide postgraduate training that enables residents to achieve their professional goals, become a leader within the profession, provide compassionate care for members of their communities and contribute to the Walgreen Company's advancement in healthcare.
The ASHP accredited residency is offered in partnership with and is co-funded by Mercer University College of Pharmacy. This partnership allows the resident the opportunity to gain experiences in the delivery of clinical pharmacy services, while actively participating in teaching and precepting experiences at the College.
The residency program site is based at the Walgreens Pharmacy located within DeKalb Medical Center. This premier pharmacy location offers a variety of innovative clinical pharmacy services for patients who are prescribed complex therapies such as HIV/AIDS, oncology, transplant, Hepatitis C, Crohn's disease, and rheumatology. This site also offers a bedside prescription delivery program for patients discharged from the hospital. The community pharmacists at this site work closely with medical staff and home care clinicians to provide optimal drug therapy for patients. In addition, residents gain insights on management issues that can affect the implementation of patient care services in the community pharmacy setting.
The resident's main academic responsibilities while at Mercer University College of Pharmacy will primary focus on facilitating P1 and P2 students within the Clinical Skills and Simulation Laboratory (CSSL), used for Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience education. The CSSL provides both introductory community and institution IPPE activities. In addition, the resident will be required to design and teach at least one didactic lecture, as well as participate in the teaching certificate program. Residency Activities
The resident will participate in the provision of patient-care services through the following:
The resident will participate in the following activities that strengthen practice management and educator skills:
- Development of health and wellness programs
- Disease state management programs in areas such as transplant, Hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, oncology, Crohn's disease, rheumatology
- Medication therapy management
- Pharmacist-administered immunizations
- Community outreach programs
Residency Program Benefits
- Develop and conduct a practice-based research project
- Present research findings at appropriate regional and national professional meetings
- Execute marketing strategy for the promotion of patient care services
- Provide clinical instruction to student pharmacists at the College and practice sites.
- Competitive stipend
- Comprehensive medical plan
- Travel allowance for pharmacy-related conferences
- Residents are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO). The rate at which you accrue your PTO will be based on your years of service, average hours per week, and position. Resident pharmacists may accrue ap-proximately 15 days (120 hours) depending on average hours worked and time in position.
Qualifications Candidate Requirements
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from a college or school of pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- Georgia pharmacist license by August 31st
- Completed online application at www.walgreens.jobs
- Submission of residency application materials to Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS)
- Completed application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- A letter of intent explaining why you are pursuing a community pharmacy residency and what you hope to gain from the residency program
- Official university transcripts
- On-site interview (upon invitation)
- Presentation at on-site interview on a topic related to community practice
- Registered with the National Matching Service (NMS)
A completed application and all accompanying materials must be received no later than January 15th for candidates to be considered for our program. Employment type
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.