Resident Pharmacist- PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency, University of California, San Francisco (Job Number: 024829)
San Fran Financial District - 141 KEARNY ST
141 KEARNY ST
SAN FRANCISCO 94108
Description Walgreens and the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Community Pharmacy Residency Program (PGY1), San Francisco, California
The purpose of Walgreens at UCSF PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency is to prepare community pharmacists to become advanced practice leaders and provide patient-centered care. This will be attained by the resident through advanced training at various exemplary specialty pharmacy settings.
The residency is based at a unique Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy at the UCSF Medical Center. This pharmacy offers a variety of patient-centered services for complex diseases/conditions such as organ transplantation, HIV, oncology, and other chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and cardiovascular disease where the pharmacists work closely with healthcare providers as a team Other services provided at this location include bed-side deliveries for discharge medications, compounding, immunizations, precepting and teaching students.
This program also includes experiences at other Walgreens Specialty Clinic sites, one retail Walgreens location, district
and corporate offices and UCSF outpatient clinics to provide additional patient care experience during each module.
Other experiences such as off-site immunization clinics, community outreach events, medication therapy management,
and management activities will ensure that the resident attains a well-rounded experience and graduates as a leader in
community pharmacy. Residency Activities The resident will participate in the provision of patient-care services through the following:
The resident will participate in the following activities that will strengthen practice management/ leadership and teaching skills:
- Coordinate with healthcare providers from UCSF Health and other facilities.
- Enhance and manage current programs for complex disease states to improve patient adherence and health outcomes.
- Provide Medication Therapy Management
- Patient medication counseling
- Provide bed-side delivery of discharge medications and counseling
- Administer immunizations in a variety of settings
- Develop community outreach programs
- Design and conduct practice-based research project
Residency Program Benefits
- Present research findings at appropriate regional and national professional meetings.
- Develop business plan to promote pharmacy's patient-care services
- Provide clinical instructions to students pharmacists
- Competitive stipend
- Comprehensive medical plan
- Travel allowance for pharmacy related conferences
- Residents are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO). Resident pharmacists may accrue approximately 15 days (120 hours) depending on average hours worked and time in position.
Qualifications Candidate Requirements
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from a college or school of pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- California pharmacist licensure within 90 days of the start of the residency program
- Completed online application at www.walgreens.jobs
- Submission of residency application materials to Phar-macy Online Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Official university transcripts
- Letter of intent explaining why you are pursuing a community pharmacy residency and what you hope to gain from the residency program
- On-site interview (upon invitation)
- Registered with the National Matching Service (NMS)
Completed application materials must be received no later than January 15th to be considered for the program. Employment type
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.