Resident Pharmacist- PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency, University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) (Job Number: 024788)
Walgreens Pharmacy at Northwestern Memorial Hospital-Galter - Str15525 - 201 E HURON ST
201 E HURON ST STE 1-210
Description Walgreens Health System Pharmacy and the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy Community Pharmacy Residency Program (PGY1), Chicago, Illinois
The mission of the Walgreens Community Pharmacy Residency Program is to provide postgraduate training that enables residents to achieve their professional goals, become a leader within the profession, provide compassionate care for members of their communities and contribute to the Walgreen Company's advancement in health care. The residency program is based at the Walgreens Health System Pharmacy located within the Galter Pavilion at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. This premier pharmacy location offers a variety of innovative clinical pharmacy services for patients who are prescribed complex therapies such as HIV/AIDS, oncology, transplant and Hepatitis C. The community pharmacists at this site work closely with medical staff to provide optimal drug therapy for patients. In addition, residents gain insights on management issues that can affect the implementation of patient care services in the community pharmacy setting.
The residency is offered in partnership with the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy. This partnership allows the resident the opportunity to gain experiences in the delivery of clinical pharmacy services in ambulatory care clinics. The resident actively participates in teaching and precepting experiences at the School. Residency Activities
The resident will participate in the provision of patient-care services through the following:
- Development of health and wellness programs
- Disease state management programs in oncology, transplant, HIV/AIDS, and Hepatitis C
- Medication therapy management
- Pharmacist-administered immunizations
- Community outreach programs
The resident will participate in the following activities that strengthen practice management and educator skills:
Residency Program Benefits
- Design and conduct a practice-based research project
- Present research findings at appropriate regional and national professional meetings
- Execute marketing strategy for the promotion of patient care services
- Provide clinical instruction to student pharmacists at the College and pharmacy
- Competitive stipend
- Comprehensive medical plan
- Travel allowance for pharmacy-related conferences
- Residents are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO). The rate at which you accrue your PTO will be based on your years of service, average hours per week, and position. Resident pharmacists may accrue approximately 15 days (120 hours) depending on average hours worked and time in position.
Qualifications Candidate Requirements
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from a college or school of pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- Illinois pharmacist license within 60 days of the start of the residency program
- Completed on-line application at www.walgreens.jobs
- Submission of residency application materials to Pharmacy
- Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- A letter of intent explaining why you are pursuing a community pharmacy residency and what you hope to gain from the residency program
- Official university transcripts
- On-site interview (upon invitation)
- Presentation at on-site interview on a topic related to community pharmacy
- Registered with the National Matching Service (NMS).
- A completed application and all accompanying materials must be submitted no later than January 15th for candidates to be considered for our program.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.