This position reflects advanced experience and expertise in the area of respiratory therapy. Staff functioning in this role will participate in direct patient care, staff & program development and professional initiatives. The respiratory therapist II will demonstrate the following:
1. Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for assigned patients. Each service area may require specialized skills and/or serve specific age categories, which may include infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
2. Treatment in compliance with the Hospital and Respiratory Therapy Service Policies and Procedures.
3. Support of the Hospital and Department at all times and participates in the Department and Hospital Performance Improvement efforts.
4. Responsibility for maintaining and improving respiratory therapy knowledge and skills.
5. Good judgment and the ability to function independently and posses evaluation and decision making skills.
Current Colorado State Respiratory License
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Membership in professional organization (AARC, NBRC) preferred
Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Respiratory Therapy Program
Minimum: 1 year acute / critical care experience or related experience
Preferred: 2-3 years acute / critical care experience or related experience
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom