The <INSERT TALEO POSTING JOB TITLE>
assesses, treats, and cares for patients with pulmonary disorders. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for the clinical administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care modalities offered by the department. Essential Job Functions
1. Operates and sets up devices such as: mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products.
2. Provides emergency care, including: artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
3. Collects and analyzes arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal, and critical values. If critical values are recognized, the Respiratory Care Practitioner is able to provide appropriate corrective intervention.
4. Follows physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as: treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage.
5. Monitors patients response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry and end-tidal CO2 measurement.
6. Consults with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals for changes in patient's status. The Respiratory Care Practitioner works as part of a team to manage the patients plan of care.Qualifications: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy Program (preferred)
- Texas Department of Health "Respiratory Care Practitioner" (RCP) license
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom