Field Physician/Senior Field Physician - US Medical Affairs, Respiratory
we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Field Physician
, you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial
is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognised and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca holds a unique position in respiratory disease
, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), with a range of differentiated potential medicines in development by leveraging novel combinations, biologics and devices. The pipeline also has a number of promising assets in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases within areas such as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritisMain Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Physician/Senior Field Physician, US Medical Affairs, is a board-certified physician who will use his/her expertise in respiratory disease to support both internally and externally facing projects and initiatives. Serving as an internal expert, the incumbent will participate in or lead advisory boards, speaker training, and internal training. Additionally, the Field Physician will also be a part of Core Medical Teams in the respiratory TA contributing to medical strategy, tactics, clinical trial design and life cycle management activities. Externally, the Field Physician will collaborate with the Field Medical team to best engage External Scientific Experts. They will have solid peer relationships with key opinion leaders in their therapeutic area (TA).Essential Requirements
- Graduate of a recognized medical school and recipient of an M.D. or D.O. degree
- Board certification/eligibility in Respiratory Diseases
- Background in academic medicine, clinical research, and familiarity with biostatistics and epidemiology
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Strong business acumen, including working knowledge of changing U.S. payer and provider landscape
- Proven ability to interact productively with both commercial and scientific colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Familiarity with OPDP, PhRMA code, and key regulations in the pharmaceutical industry
- Highest level of ethics and integrity
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally. Travel will be ~40% of time.
- Field Medical Directors will have at least 3 years of pharmaceutical industry or other related areas of experience including Academic Institution
Next Steps - Apply Today!
- Other training such as an M.P.H., M.B.A. or other advanced degree
- Experience in Respiratory
- Experience with pharmaceutical drug development and Medical/Scientific Affairs
- Active medical license
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.