Respiratory Therapist - PRN Nights (As Needed)
Location : Medical City Dallas Hospital
Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas Hospital is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas, just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs.
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400 in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
Respiratory Therapist Job Summary :
Our Respiratory Therapy department consistently ranks as one of the top departments for employee engagement throughout HCA and provides free education opportunities.
The staff respiratory therapist demonstrates proficiency in all modalities of Respiratory Care and other multidisciplinary assigned skills as defined by training and competency demonstration. The Respiratory Therapist will be responsible for execution of assignments. All care will be in compliance with hospital and respiratory policies.Qualifications:
Respiratory Therapist Job Requirements Include :
- Graduated from an accredited school for Respiratory Care, recognized by the NBRC.
- One year experience in Respiratory Care preferred.
- RRT Registration Required.
- Licensed by the Texas Department of Health as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider and PALS.
- Requires full understanding and ability to utilize the Respiratory Care process.
- Requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to:
- Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice acts.
- Must possess knowledge of Respiratory therapeutics and the correlation of diagnostic assessment.
- Apply scientific knowledge; use a variety of respiratory equipment; and perform multiple technical procedures.
- Make discriminating observation.
- Must be capable of performing CPR without limitation and respond to all emergent situations to manage respiratory status.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom