Oak Hill Hospital, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, is a 262-bed acute care hospital in the community of Brooksville. Our experienced healthcare team is dedicated to diagnosing and treating patients faster than any hospital in the county. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County, one of the area's largest private employers, and offers Hernando County's only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital's healthcare delivery team.
Under general supervision, the RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) will perform all respiratory care related duties.
Set up and administer all routine and complex respiratory therapy procedures to patients of all ages.
Responsible for the application and operation of acute care ventilators used for continuous short and long-term mechanical ventilation.
Respiratory Therapists are expected to be self-directed in the absence of the full-time Team Leader. Maintain all department and hospital records and enter accurate information into the hospital computer for the therapy as given.
Make excellence your goal by joining our team of Respiratory Therapist and family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.com Qualifications:
- Current Florida Registered Respiratory Therapist licensure.
- American Heart Association BLS health care provider required. ACLS , PALS and NRP within 6 months of hire.
- Graduate of Respiratory Care program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling and moving equipment.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions in volatile situations.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom