The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
- Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators.
- Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs.
- Measures ventilatory volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
- Performs a variety of duties related to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment.
- Responds to emergency team calls.
- Educates patients and family members and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- CRTT or RRT.
- State licensure.
- BLS health care provider. ACLS preferred.
- Graduate of Respiratory Care program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling and moving equipment.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions in volatile situations.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom