Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region's only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Therapist must exhibit appropriate knowledge and skills needed for the administration of general respiratory pharmacology and therapeutics, to include: patient education, patient assessment, patient responses, accurate dosing and side effects in all appropriate age groups. Therapist must also demonstrate the skills and ability to make appropriate therapeutic changes (recommendations) in patient care to reflect medications, therapeutic modality, and equipment use.
- Therapist must demonstrate knowledge and ability to adhere to facility infection control standards and identify and report potential or violations of the documented standards.
- Therapist must demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to troubleshoot and maintain equipment, including proper cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilization of reusable patient and non-patient equipment.
- Therapist must demonstrate the ability to professionally and effectively communicate with all internal and external customers.
- Therapist must demonstrate the knowledge and ability to provide resourceful clinical information and education to internal and external customers.
- Therapist must demonstrate the skills needed to recognize and report suspected abuse and neglect in all patient age groups, as outlined by state and federal law.
- Therapist must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and ability to assess and document pain in the patient, as outlined in the facility pain management program.
- Therapist must demonstrate knowledge, skills and ability to recognize and report any safety issues observed in the patient and non-patient areas of the facility.
- Therapist must demonstrate knowledge and ability to adhere to facility Patient rights (including privacy) standards and identify and report and potential or violations of the documented standards, state, or federal laws.
- Therapist must demonstrate knowledge and ability to adhere to the professional code of ethics as established by the AARC.
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- Uses knowledge and skills of respiratory care standards and emergency procedures to provide safe and effective patient care.
- Maintains strict infection control techniques, while meeting facility standards at all times.
- Provides education and education materials (where necessary) to patients and their family members.
- Practices, develops, and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities of the department and /or facility routinely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current/Active (in good standing) Texas Department of Health - Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure
- BLS provider (American Heart Association standards).
- Certificate of Completion or Education Degree (Associates or Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care) from an accredited college or university.
- Certificate by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) - Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Clinical experience in an acute care or rehabilitation setting .
• Current ACLS, PALS, and NRP provider preferred.
• 1-year experience in critical care, including but not limited to ER, ICU/CCU, PICU, and/or SCN (ICN).
• Knowledge and skilled in the use of personal computers and/or healthcare information technology.
• Knowledge of JCAHO and CAP/CLIA standards.