Overview Ab out Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Job Summary:
The Oregon Convention Center is the home of STIR, bistro and lounge. Our restaurant servers are responsible for providing the highest level of food and beverage service in accordance with Aramark standards to our visitors attending events at the Oregon Convention Center. We are looking for restaurant servers who will exemplify our high standards of guest service and display professionalism with guests, co-workers, and management. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Reports to property on time and in proper uniform.
- Checks with Manager/Supervisor for assigned dining room station, opening side work, and closing side work duties.
- Reports to line-up for review of the day's activities, groups in house, and menus.
- Sets-up, organizes, maintains, and closes the restaurant, ensuring that areas are stocked and cleaned.
- Moves quickly with good balance carrying up to 20 lb. on a tray.
- Converses with guests, makes suggestions, and answers questions regarding food and beverages constantly.
- Clears and re-sets tables constantly.
- Maintains cleanliness of tables at all times - clearing empty glassware, plates, etc.
- Maintains full knowledge of menu items and specials.
- Rings all food and beverage items into the POS system accurately at all times.
- Communicates with guest and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Participates in proper sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Maintains full knowledge of service standards.
- Follows the Aramark Business Conduct Policy.
- Must be OLCC certified and follow all rules and guidelines set forth for ensuring responsible beverage service.
- Must have valid Food Handler Card.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- At least one-year experience as a food server within a restaurant, hotel, or conference center operation.
- Any related customer service/oriented experience will be considered.
- Requires full understanding and knowledge of food and beverage standards.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in fluent English.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Possess interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to move quickly while balancing large and small trays of food and drinks to and from service areas.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.