Overview: Ab out Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- This is an event-related position.
- Shift hours will vary with the type of event and is a permanent part time position.
- Prior to doors opening, help set up The Grill as needed or directed.
- Ensure complete set-up of the Server's workstation before guests arrive.
- Greet guests immediately upon arrival in a friendly and professional manner; act professional at all times.
- Familiarize guests with the Server's name and regular and special menu items.
- Constantly monitor the needs of the guests including accuracy of food and beverage orders, special accommodations, and timely delivery of the orders.
- Follow proper serving techniques and procedures.
- Ensure unsued or used dishes are removed from the table for each course.
- Respond to guest complaints quickly and effectively; communicate any significant guest complaints or problems immediately to the Restaurant Supervisor or Restaurant Manager.
- Input orders into a computer system for processing.
- Confirm and collect payment from guests in a timely manner.
- Maintain full awareness of circumstances affecting quality of guests' experience including assisting fellow team members to enhance the guests' experience.
- Remain in position until the Grill is no longer receiving guests and perform all duties for closing.
- Adhere to safety and sanitation standards.
- Adhere to work and break schedules.
- Comply with uniform and appearance policy and
- Communicate well in an English-speaking environment.
- Commit to 100% guest satisfaction.
- Be 18 years of age or older to serve alcohol and successfully complete Aramark- approved alcohol sale & service training.
- Be flexible with adjustments to duties and work area assignments on a shift-by-shift basis.
- At least one-year experience as a food server within a restaurant, hotel, or conference center operation.
- Any related customer service/oriented experience will be considered.
- Requires full understanding and knowledge of food and beverage standards.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in fluent English.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Possess interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to move quickly while balancing large and small trays of food and drinks to and from service areas.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.