Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Aramark Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve. We are currently seeking a Retail Foods Manager for the Aramark operation at Phoenix Convention Center. Responsibilities:
- Assist the Assistant General Manager with all Retail Food operations including a Starbucks, the Metro Marche dining outlets and all other non-catering food options at the Convention Center.
- Work with the Executive Chef to select and cost new menu items.
- Supervise the preparation and service of food and refreshments, as well as cleaning and sanitation.
- Communicate with all subcontractors regarding upcoming hours of operation and expectations.
- Engage in the planning of upcoming events to ensure proper outlet openings and menu offerings for each show.
- Actively participate in frequent walkthroughs of assigned areas to ensure quality control and throughput and allow for coaching opportunities.
- Directly supervise Retail Food employees with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases.
- Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of 2 years food service management experience is required.
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced and diverse environment with focus on client and customer service is required.
- Previous management experience in within a convention center or sports venue is strongly preferred.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.