Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark Healthcare
is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference.
Aramark Healthcare is searching for a Retail Manager to oversee the front of house dining operations for the main café, private dinning room, concessions (grab and go) and catering operations in an acute care facility in city, state
. Reporting to the Food Service Director, the Retail manager plans, administers and directs all unit activities related to retail, gift shop and convenience shop operations, including cash management and reporting processes. Need to ensure compliance with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Leads retail staff. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified retail experience for customers. Level of impact is within own operation.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal merchandise quality and service.
- Drives customer satisfaction and maintains client relationships through rounding.
- Ensures compliance to sanitation, and general workplace safety standards.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the department to include the Retail Supervisors and/or front line staff regarding retail operations, including cash handling, merchandising, product presentation, quality and cost control.
- Responsible for purchasing, receiving, scheduling and managing service activities in compliance with Aramark Healthcare service systems.
- Must have extensive mathematical and analytical skills to oversee and make recommendations to budget, control cost, prepare financial reports and other analytical reporting.
- Develops and implements retail services plan to improve service, quality and profitability of service areas.
- Utilize customer feedback to respond to customer needs and to improve retail services.
- Position requires a Bachelor's Degree or an Associate's Degree plus a minimum 2-3 years food retail/merchandising experience to include managing of minimum of 25 employees.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Requires strong leadership, organizational and planning skills.
- Position requires the ability to work with confidential employee, client and Aramark information.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.